J.T. and Elizabeth Brock setting the foundation for the Caring, Quality Service that has been provided to Hays and surrounding residents for generations founded Brock’s North Hill Chapel in 1922.
The original Brock’s Funeral Home was located at 708 Main in downtown Hays, which is now Star Printing. In 1957 S.J. and Doris Applehans and Jim and Madge Gustin purchased the funeral home. In 1960 The new Brock's North Hill Chapel was completed in late November at its present location at 2509 Vine.
The funeral home underwent a major remodel in February of 2008. With this remodel the funeral home is able to seat 140 in our main chapel, 80 in a second chapel, television room for children and a family conference room is also offered.
Keithley Funeral Chapel
Keithley Funeral Chapel was started in Ellis in the early 1900’s as the Mulvey Funeral Home. Around 1920 George Niesley purchased the funeral home and operated it until 1950 at which time Weldon and Alberteen Johnson purchased the funeral home.
During the Johnson's ownership they built a new funeral home known as The Johnson Funeral Chapel at 400 e. 17th. This is still the present day location of the funeral chapel.